Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Concerning The Peculiar Case of That Which Dwelt in the Field

Camping was a big part of my life, in fact you will see this in many of my stories.  For as long as I can remember or should be able to remember my brothers, sisters and I were as often as not dragging the blankets out of the house to camp out in the yard even if we couldn’t go to the river or somewhere else.  we would simply enjoy laying out underneath the stars and looking into the depths of space with naught but our imagination to tell us what lie beyond the ebony velvet sky and the glittering diamonds that sparkled thereinIt was usually a time of  good memories and sibling community, however as things changed around the Old House, so did the strange occurrences that took place there.  Perhaps these things were going on all along, and I strongly believe they were, but we were to captivated in our own discussions to see what was around us.  There is a memory I have, however from my first summer, when we, Crystal, Brigetta, and I were staying outside, and while they were drifting off to sleep, I could see something Big tromping through the woods just beyond the curve at the base of the hill.  I do not know what it was to this day, but the memory has stayed with me all my life.  After the Crescent Timber Company cut the trees in the forest surrounding the Old House, I never saw such a massive thing again, but I remember thinking that it looked like the silhouette of one of the giants from an old illustrated book of fairy tales.  I can reattempt to write this as a story if you like, but you’ll have to let me know via my Facebook page or my Google Plus page.  Anyway the events of this story took place the summer just after my Freshman year of High School, and while the images if this still haunt me to this day, I’ll never forget the memories these experiences made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment